Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Killer Application not Quite Thought Through

 

Now I Remember is a must-have application for older folks: Talk to yourself in the near future. Stay on schedule. Pretend to remember.  Memento for everyone.

Open the application. No, make a gesture. Apps are far too primitive, the result of making too few devices do too many things.  Gesture and mutter to yourself.  No, simply talk.  "Remind me to. . ."

Later, simply ask "why am I here?"  A limited sense is assumed. 

 Say a few words. Whatever minutes later you get a beep. If you've forgotten why you are in this place, on what errand you came, you ask the phone to replay your message to a future self. You are free to disregard, of course. The ap will not just start blurting out loud. Some things should be private.

Open the app. Say a few words. A tap on the glass ends recording. One keyboard tap selects the time for the alarm to go. The same tap, per display location, can select from a few pre-settable time delays. Keep it really effortless to use. I hate that I don't know how to increase the font size on my Droid. I can see the boxes, but I can't read what's written in them. I keep hitting "sleep" instead of "stop".

I should look to see how many versions are already, on the market. Then again, the utility of such an app isn't obvious to the youth who drive the app market.

Giving myself permission to write here today now. It's early in the day, only 12:35.

Can't keep correcting the previous sentence as Now slides along. 12:50 . . . 13:00 But I thought about it.

I have been so involved in our extraction operation. We're in the process of moving from Anaheim Hills to Nampa.

More than that. I haven't felt like blogging. Who cares why?

As I remind myself frequently, I do better thinking about where to steer the present. This trick of attitude produces results.

No comments:

Post a Comment